FlexShape develops and sells tools that help energy market players and solution providers to manage and optimize their flexibility portfolios. FlexShape aims to maximize the value of flexibility by making it explicit using the revolutionary ”Big Energy Data” Flex-offer concept.
The Flex-offer concept and technology has been developed at the Center for Data-intensive Systems (Daisy) at Aalborg University since 2010 in the large EU FP7 projects MIRABEL and Arrowhead, and the large Danish Totalflex project supported by Energinet.dk’s ForskEL program. Recently, flex-offers form the core of the GOFLEX project (starting in November 2016) which was top ranked in a recent Horizon 2020 call on integrating renewable energy in distribution grids. In total, these projects have received grants of over 85 mio. Euros.
What are flex-offers? See more details here!
Publications related to flex-offers:
- Laurynas Siksnys, Emmanouil Valsomatzis, Katja Hose, Torben Bach Pedersen: Aggregating and Disaggregating Flexibility Objects. IEEE Trans. Knowl. Data Eng. 27(11): 2893-2906 (2015)
- Matthias Böhm, Lars Dannecker, Andreas Doms, Erik Dovgan, Bogdan Filipic, Ulrike Fischer, Wolfgang Lehner, Torben Bach Pedersen, Yoann Pitarch, Laurynas Siksnys, Tea Tusar:
Data management in the MIRABEL smart grid system. EDBT/ICDT Workshops 2012: 95-102
- Luis Lino Ferreira, Laurynas Siksnys, Per Pedersen, Petr Stluka, Christos Chrysoulas, Thibaut Le Guilly, Michele Albano, Arne Skou, César Teixeira, Torben Bach Pedersen:
Arrowhead compliant virtual market of energy. ETFA 2014: 1-8
- Emmanouil Valsomatzis, Katja Hose, Torben Bach Pedersen, Laurynas Siksnys:Measuring and Comparing Energy Flexibilities. EDBT/ICDT Workshops 2015: 78-85
- Laurynas Siksnys, Torben Bach Pedersen:Dependency-based FlexOffers: scalable management of flexible loads with dependencies. e-Energy 2016: 11:1-11:13
- Bijay Neupane, Torben Bach Pedersen, Bo Thiesson: Evaluating the Value of Flexibility in Energy Regulation Markets. e-Energy 2015: 131-140